Monday, December 25, 2006

August 12

4 and counting

I was pleasantly surprised to learn today that my blog has caused 4 people to go watch An Inconvenient Truth (www.climatecrisis.net), and 1 of them even tried, albeit unsucessfully, to donate $50 to an environmental cause. (My 1 friend at the Nature Conservancy would be proud) The 4 impacted souls are: Mark + Molly (their Spaces can be found in my Friends section to the left) and my cousin Du Hang and his best buddy He Jiong. Du Hang and He Jiong found some $1 or free deals online to watch the movie for cheap, and Mark downloaded the movie from BitTorrent! I support protecting the environment, but am not against piracy.... Amazingly I think almost everyone I know has heard about the movie, but not so many have gone to see it... I highly encourage you to do so.

It's pretty incredible that people are reading this, although too few of them leave comments. Please at least leave your name (or even a chicken scratch would do!).....

I'm in SF for this week and have a rental car. When I was making the reservation, I requested a compact but because my flight didn't get in till 12am, they were all out of compacts when I got to the counter. My choices were minivan, 4x4, or a sedan. The cheapo in me took the 4x4 because they were all the same price. I forgot for a moment that they emit more, BUT, fortunately there was only one sedan, and the people behind me took the sedan. I actually feel alright about it because I think I won't be driving as much as them, and hence my choosing the 4x4 and leaving them the sedan actually works out better for mother earth...

I'm sort of getting into this blogging thing. I hope you're not tired of hearing me talk about the environment... I'll think of some other topics to talk about soon.... Btw, NYC makes SF feel like a sleepy town. NYC to SF is like SF to Santa Cruz...

1 comment:

Suz said...

I am reading your blog, a.k.a. e-stalking you. You better be scared. And I am not sick of you talking about the environment.