Monday, December 25, 2006

July 10

My virgin blog....
On my way back from July 4th weekend in CA, I read an article on teenage drinking in the NY Times http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/04/health/04teen.html and it scared the shit out of me. Particularly this line:
Blackouts were once thought to be a symptom of advanced adult alcoholism
(I've blacked out about 3 times since moving to NYC...) Since reading the article, I've quit drinking. Only one glass of wine since July 3rd, 2006. A glass of wine with dinner occasionally will be permissible.
I've also started taking Ginkgo. On Friday night, I went to a poker night and while my friends were drinking beers to no end, I had 2 iced teas! On Saturday night, I went club hopping and had 1 Coke and 2 glasses of water the whole night! The funny thing is, I wasn't that tempted to drink even... I'm putting all the money I save on drinks in a piggy bank.. In NYC, that can add up to a small fortune in a hurry!
So now I'm going on a health binge.. I'm also starting to take Centrum, although I mistakenly bought the Silver version...

4 comments:

Suz said...

I thought all Centrum was for old people. Since you are younger than me, and I am not old, you are therefore not old.

Dazhi said...

thanks! i will stop taking centrum.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.